Wednesday, October 17, 2007

 

Weekend O'Plenty

This weekend has been targeted for some time as one that would involve me, a companion, a vehicle, a Motel 6 (it doesn't get any nicer in Tuscaloosa), several racks of ribs at Dreamland BBQ, and over 90,000 witnesses to a Big Orange assault.


At least our coach isn't a whore...

However, there are other events that I would have loved to have attended if scheduling had allowed. For instance, The Washington Briefing, hosted by the Family Research Council, is happening in D.C. this weekend. I was asked to blog the event, and I would have gladly done so based on the values speakers alone. With the inclusion of the presidential candidates (Fred Thompson, Giuliani, Ron Paul, Mike Huckabee, Duncan Hunter, Mitt Romney, Sam Brownback, Alan Keyes, John McCain, and Tom Tancredo are all scheduled to appear), it sounds like an incredible weekend.

Also, it pains me that I was not able to attend the Honors reunion at East Tennessee State University. I was even asked to teach a course for a day as part of the festivities. That would have been a hoot, but alas....

Too many things to do, too little time to do them in...

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?