Tuesday, July 22, 2008

 

Music Review: "How Freedom Sounds" by Red State Update

First, the official announcement from Red State Update, as "How Freedom Sounds" is released today:



Because I am "Red State - all the way!" as Dunlap likes to call those of us who can't get enough of Jackie and Dunlap, I was privileged enough to get my hands on a copy of "How Freedom Sounds" a week ago. I have been listening to it nonstop since it arrived, and I have the following review for your listening pleasure:

OVERALL REVIEW (Scale of 1 to 10): 7.9

"How Freedom Sounds" is not what I expected. There are more comedic routines (as with their YouTube bits that I routinely embed here at VOLCon) than songs, which creates some funny moments, for sure. However, like reviewer Sharron Cobb, I would have preferred more songs. Why? Because some of the songs are daggone good. Seriously. Of particular note:

This is a fun album, no question. For the second album, I hope for a few more songs (like the classic "Hello, Joe Biden," embedded below with warning for adult language) instead of skits. I highly recommend purchasing it (you can do so at RedStateUpdate.com), because if you don't, the terrorists (and Miley Cyrus) win.

And nobody wants that.


Labels: ,


Comments:
Great assessment. Accurate. Less of their online routines and more of their songs, which showcase their songwriting and musical and comical talent would have made it a 10.

I hope the next cd is all song, and they put out an accompanying DVD of their routines.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?