Tuesday, January 08, 2008

 

Speeches Galore

Mitt Romney - Good speech. Mitt launched into Michigan, where he absolutely has to win if he wants to stay a viable candidate, by blasting the Democratic political leadership in that state which must stand accountable for letting the unions run all of the jobs out of Michigan and to other shores. A good speech, but it can't erase the headline tomorrow that shows Romney as the first presidential candidate from Massachusetts to ever lose New Hampshire.

Mike Huckabee - Ugh. I think the pressure is getting to Huck. This was not a very good speech, and if I were Fred Thompson, I would latch on to Huck's soundbite where he said that New Hampshire hospitality was the equal to Southern hospitality. I'm sure South Carolinians would love to hear that Mike Huckabee thinks they are as polite as Yankee elitists. Having former South Carolina Governor Beasley on the stage with him might help a little in the Palmetto State. Maybe Mike should burn the Confederate flag at his rally in Greenville tomorrow...

John McCain - I think McCain says as much about Independents as anything. Apparently, Independents don't like to be inspired. If McCain is the poster child for Independents, then I wonder about the group as a whole. Lots of references to relativism by McCain, which is to be expected, I guess. I can't see how McCain could come within 10 points of either Democratic candidate, as he won't be able to drive turnout in the way that a Reagan could. Heck, I'm not sure if McCain comes within miles inspirationally of Bob Dole. Maybe that says as much as anything.

Meanwhile, it is 9:26 P.M., and Obama has finally started to pull closer to Clinton. Obama now trails by 2,300 votes. My prediction of a 9.1 point win for the Illinois Senator ain't looking too good with 41% of the precincts reporting.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?