Monday, August 27, 2007

 

Maybe We Should Throw More Money at Our Public Education System

I didn't see this live, but apparently Miss Teen South Carolina gave the following answer during the finals of the Miss Teen USA contest:



For those of you who didn't get all of that, here's a loose transcript:

Question: Recent polls have shown a fifth of Americans can't locate the United States on a world map. Why do you think this is?

Miss Teen South Carolina: "I personally believe the U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh...people out there in our nation don't have maps, and, uh, I believe that our education like such as South Africa and, uh, the Iraq everywhere like, such as and...I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., err, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future for our..."

Oh. My. God.

Well, I must say that I am stunned. I did find out these nuggets on Lauren Caitlin Upton, who apparently is the fifth best teenage girl in America. She is a big fan of bungee-jumping and riding four wheelers in the mud. No word on if she is a big fan of protective helmets during these activities. Also, if she could lunch with any one person, dead or alive, it would be Lauren Hutton. No, I couldn't even make that up.

Let's hope for Miss Upton's sake that she has a Garmin to find her lunch with Lauren Hutton. Lord knows that she can't trust those daggone map thingies...

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?