Monday, August 27, 2007

 

How Time Flies

As y'all know, blogging has taken a massive hit over the past month. I've posted less in August than in any month since I started VOLuntarilyConservative nearly 2 1/2 years ago.

Work has been incredibly busy. When I founded The Huddleston Law Firm in 2005, the whole idea was to let me run the show and not have to answer to liberal partners who tend to micromanage their associates without morals or compassion. I wanted freedom, and I had it. For a while, at least. Starting in September of 2006, my calendar became packed with cases, and it hasn't eased up since. I always wondered how my friends at the larger firms like Sidley Austin and Baker Donelson managed to have 2200 or 2400 billable hours and keep their sanity. As it stands now, I will equal their billable hours for 2007 - and I dare say pull in about half of their salaries. Not that I am complaining, as I never would have dreamed that this Firm would be so successful. It just makes finding time for friends and blogging quite difficult.

Plus, there is the excitement of expecting our first child. Angela is at 23 weeks and still on schedule for a Christmas Eve delivery.

In addition, a personal dream of mine was realized last week. For the first time in my life, I own season tickets to my beloved University of Tennessee Volunteers. While it is true that I have attended over 90% of the games spanning the past 13 years, I have always done so by purchasing tickets or having them given to me by generous friends and family. Not this year, since I have my own pair. To those of you who aren't fanatics of UT football, you may not understand how excited I am, but I have a feeling that there are some out there that just might know the since of pride and fulfillment that I have experienced this past week.

In any case, lots going on around here.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?