Monday, January 02, 2006

 

Apologies

I need to make two apologies to start off 2006.

First, I need to apologize to Georgiana Vines, political columnist for the Knoxville News-Sentinel. I have been hard on Ms. Vines in the past, no more so than in a recent e-mail (referred to here) in which I accused her of pandering to Bob Corker and not giving Ed Bryant's and Van Hilleary's campaigns their due. I have since learned that the lack of coverage in the KNS wasn't as much Ms. Vines' fault as much as it was a disruption in the flow of information to Ms. Vines, who is not full-time at the KNS anymore. The discrepancy appears to be fixed, as seen by this recent column about Ed Bryant's recent visit to Knox County.

Second, I need to apologize to Michael M. Bates, whom I referred to as a "troglodyte" in a recent post regarding the ACLU. No, it appears that I am the dunce. I needed an example of recent coverage depicting the ACLU as a defender of religious freedoms when it actually is the primary assassin of them. A Google search resulted in Mr. Bates' column, which, upon reading the first half of the piece, seemed to fit the bill. Not being familiar with Mr. Bates' work, I was not aware that he was being satirical in his introduction. No, it appears that Mr. Bates is actually one of the good guys, and for calling him a troglodyte and painting him as one of the evil-doers, I apologize.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?