Thursday, February 18, 2010

 

A Census - and Nothing More

Americans need to stand up to Washington's intrusion into our private
lives. What business of government is the number of times a citizen has been
married or what he paid for electricity last month? For those who find such
intrusion acceptable, I'd ask them whether they'd also find questions of their
sex lives or their marriage fidelity equally acceptable.

What to do? Unless a census taker can show me a constitutional requirement, the only information I plan to give are the number and names of the people in my
household.


That's been my plan all along. For some background information on the census, read the rest of Walter Williams' column.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?