Tuesday, September 01, 2009

 

It's Time


This week has a great deal going for it. The weather has been incredible. The U.S. Open has begun play. Boomsday is just around the corner. There is so much to be thankful for.

And if you're a college football fan, a long, draining summer is coming to an end. Good times are coming, beginning with South Carolina's game to kick things off on Thursday night and rolling right through Labor Day weekend.

I have to admit - I don't think I have ever been so excited for the start of UT's football season. It certainly has something to do with the passion and the energy that the new staff, led by Head Coach Lane Kiffin, have brought to Knoxville. It's palpable, like the electricity in the air before a storm. I've felt it here before, but that was quite some time ago. Perhaps some of what I am feeling has to do with the level of openness that Coach Kiffin has brought to the program. I've been able to see my Vols practice and participate in scrimmages, even chat it up at Neyland with some of the players on my birthday.

Western Kentucky - I almost feel sorry for them. They have no idea what is coming. From their senior QB who has never started a game to their nose tackle that weighs in at 260 pounds, let's hope that they don't live up to their ranking as the 120th ranked team out of the 120 Division 1-A football teams. Of course, I don't feel sorry for them, since they signed to play the game and will be compensated well for their trouble.

Only 4 more days until IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!


Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?