Thursday, January 22, 2009

 

Quickly on House Committee Assignments

I'm 30 minutes from an afternoon bench trial, but I have had a chance to quickly look over the committee assignments for the Tennessee House. If I were a member of the Republican House Caucus, I would be pissed off. Speaker Williams gave the key assignments to Democrats, and he showed his anti-firearms stripes by apparently making sure that meaningful firearms will never reach the full House, much like what was done by his puppetmaster his predecessor.

I know I've been preaching slow and deliberate action by the Tennessee Republican Party regarding Williams' status as a Republican, but actions like what he pulled today (again, on a brief look by yours truly due to trial obligations) should sway many of those where sitting on the fence.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?