Tuesday, May 27, 2008

 

I Love Tom Coburn

Tom Coburn, Republican Senator from Oklahoma, is one of the few Republicans in Washington for whom I would lay down my firm for here in Knoxville and travel to D.C. Anyone who has had the privilege of spending quality time with Senator Coburn (and, thanks to Ed Bryant, I can count myself as one of those fortunate people) knows that he's the real deal when it comes to conservative governance.

Senator Coburn's column in today's Wall Street Journal tells it like it is - Republicans have been sidetracked lately, venturing from ideology in pursuit of re-election vehicles like the K Street Project and "compassionate conservatism." With the exception of the last paragraph, Coburn's column might be one of the best I have read this year.

Regarding the last paragraph - it's probably the most evident sign that Coburn wouldn't mind the VP slot on McCain's ticket, supporting some rumors that I have been hearing for months now. And, yes, Coburn is one of those few guys that would make me rethink my inability to support the current GOP ticket.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?