Monday, March 24, 2008
Returning to the Blogosphere
- widespread corruption and selling out of ideology within the Knox County Republican Party;
- Angela's parting of the ways with the Department of Children's Services, a State agency which proved to be severely anti-family and discriminatory when the chickens came home to roost;
- Angela's reintroduction to The Huddleston Law Firm;
- stomach flu that swept through the family and caused me to miss my first day from work for illness in nearly a year;
- a trip to Bristol Motor Speedway for the Food City 500;
- many, many wonderful moments with my son.
I've been busy, just not with blogging. Of course, I wondered if I even needed to come back after the unfortunate demise of Volunteer Voters. After BillHobbs.com underwent its facelift several years ago, VV at first filled a void, and then expanded as the functional clearinghouse of blogging information for Tennessee. It will be interesting to see if something else fills the void left by VV, or if we will have to work even harder as bloggers to remain connected as a statewide community.
As for NASCAR: I went to a night race at Bristol about 10-years ago. What a wild and crazy atmosphere. I much more prefer watching it on television. The race this year seemed a little boring with the new pavement and everyone going 3 wide.