Wednesday, January 02, 2008
Wicker to Replace Lott
Save the GOP provides the following ratings on Wicker:
- 0% rating from NARAL indicating a staunchly pro-life voting record
- 97% rating fro US COC indicating a pro-business voting record
- 17% rating from the NEA which means they don’t like him and that is a good thing
- 100% rating from Christian Coalition
- 33% rating from CATO which indicates a mixed record on trade issues
- A+ rating from NRA
- 100% rating from FAIR which means he is awesome on cracking down on illegal immigration
- 0% rating from AFL-CIO
- 59% rating from National Taxpayers Union which is a “satisfactory” rating based on their scale
Doesn't sound too bad when you look at it that way. (A 0% rating by the NEA would have been better - LOL.) Wicker appears to be solidly pro-life, pro-gun, and anti-illegal immigration. Those are all great. However, like Save the GOP, I have a few worries when it comes to expanding government bureaucracy. There's nothing conservative about that.
Overall, though, not a bad pick for Mississippi's new Senator.