Friday, June 01, 2007

 

Senator Mike Williams Votes for $220 Million Tax Hike

I've always wondered where the Independent caucus stood on taxes. I guess now we know.

Of course, maybe independents are really not for hiking taxes during a time of economic prosperity and they'll kick Senator Mike Williams out of their club. Well, maybe not...

I've always said that a legislative member without a "D" out from his or her name that votes for a tax increase is looking for an excuse not to run for re-election next time around.

Mike Williams already has one reason not to run. Explaining to the good people of Tennessee's 4th Senate District why he chose to raise their taxes - which is significant even with a voluntary act like smoking given the large number of tobacco farmers in Claiborne, Grainger, Hancock, Hawkins, Jefferson, and Union counties - is just another reason to retire.

If you ask me, I think Williams sees the writing on the wall, and I do not believe that he will run for re-election in 2008.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?