Monday, March 19, 2007

 

Return from Hilton Head

I've never had a bad trip to Hilton Head, but it wouldn't be in error to say that this trip was my best ever. Here are a few pictures of last week's festivities.


As can be expected, lots of tennis was played. (For those of you who might have forgotten, I used to play for ETSU back in the day. When I was in the junior ranks, I spent a good deal of time in the summers at Van Der Meer's Tennis Academy in Hilton Head.) Incidentally, Hilton Head is a good place to find good deals on tennis shoes, as both the VOLConWife and I picked up a pair there last week.


As anyone who has ever been to Hilton Head will tell you, the way to get around the island is on bike. The VOLConWife is shown here prior to our ride down the beach to the end of the island.


While I won't dwell on this too much, a great deal of our time on Hilton Head is spent eating. (With all of the activity, you need some calories, right?) I am not a fan of sweets or desserts, but I make an exception on Hilton Head because of Marley's, a Caribbean eatery near the entrance of Sea Pines that also has an ice cream stand. The items above are the banana splits offered at Marley's. While I'm not a big ice cream eater, I couldn't resist a few of these over the course of the week.


Here I am at South Beach with three parrots. We have made a ritual of biking down to South Beach and grabbing lunch at The Wreck of the Salty Dog. However, The Wreck was closed last week, so we had to settle for the original Salty Dog.


And here is Angela on the pier at Harbor Town. There weren't as many mega-yachts in port this time as there were last year (during the PGA Tour stop in Hilton Head).

All in all, a fantastic trip to Hilton Head. I think the VOLConWife is scheming to have us relocate to South Carolina. Since we have so much fun there, I guess I can understand why.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?