Tuesday, December 12, 2006

 

Santa ain't the only one with a list of who's Naughty or Nice...

The Concerned Women for America has come up with its annual list of retailers and members of the service industry who are naughty (refuse to recognize the Christmas holiday) and nice (wish you a "Merry Christmas" in multiple ways).

The moderates love to mock these lists and the practice of using personal morality as a factor in determining where to spend a person's hard earned money. Let them do so.

I must admit that I do let such things creep into my mindset. Whether its movies (where I don't pay to see movies with people I see as being against our country, such as Sean Penn, Susan Sarandon, Tim Robbins, and Gwyneth Paltrow), television (Rosie O'Donnell), music (the Dixie Chicks, Moby, Barbara Streisand), or shopping, I do make every effort to support those companies and individuals that have made efforts to support the same causes (including this country's sovereignty as a "cause") that I believe in and to avoid those on the opposite side.

Now that does constrain entertainments options a bit, but I believe that it's worth the effort.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?