Wednesday, November 01, 2006
- "Private John Al-Querry Reporting for Stupidity, Sir!" Six Meat Buffet brings the hammer down on Kerry. Brittney asks the following questions: "Will this help Ford's chances? Or has Kerry sunk the chances of Democrats the nation over?" The answers: No, and no, but it sure didn't help matters for Democrats nationwide.
- Chris Bungaard, guest posting over at Volunteer Voters, has finally come to the same conclusion that I have been pushing for weeks - the national media has done - and is doing - a disgraceful job of covering politics in general and the Tennessee Senate race specifically.
- The Mountain 'publican believes the end is near for Tennessee Democratic Chairman Bob Tuke. I really don't care much about Tuke. He's only somewhat effective because he often makes his soundbite more about himself and less about the issue of the day. I'm more interested in who will be heading up the GOP efforts in Tennessee over the next few years. My choice - Robin Smith, if she isn't running for another office, as Congressman Bill Jenkins urged her to do yesterday in Kingsport. Robin's out of that Marsha Blackburn/Jamie Woodson mould. Guys, if we don't pick up the pace, the ladies are going to leave us in the dust!
- Stacey Campfield wants your predictions for the races. I'll give mine next week.
- Did anyone else catch Senator Barack Obama's wife defending the adulterer racist Jesse Jackson on a CNN report today? Despite her position as the Vice President for Community and External Affairs at the University of Chicago Hospitals, she sounds like a potential political liability to me. Just give her time to mouth off a few times, Hillary-style or Kerry-style, and then we'll talk about 2008. Of course, money goes a long way, and Marc Cooper says that Obama already has the fat-cat Democratic donors in his pocket. Maybe Obama should have attended that Playboy party with Harold Ford, Jr...
- Speaking of Junior, Instapundit has his demand for a Kerry apology. Here's the problem - I heard Ford on Hallerin Hilton Hill this morning on my way to court. Yes, he demanded an apology. Then he defended what Kerry said about our military. Finally, he closed by reiterating his demand for an apology. Careful listeners probably heard this, but you had to be really listening to what he said. Most of the audience probably didn't bat an eye. Like the ads say, Ford sure is a slick one...
- While posting this lagniappe, I was just interrupted by a Jehovah's Witness at my door. She handed me a tract entitled, "The End of False Religion is Near." I haven't read it yet, but I assume by the title that the Jehovah's Witnesses may be closing up shop.
That's all for now. I am running down an allegation of voting fraud having already occurred here in East Tennessee. So far, I am believing that it has happened, yet dismayed that nothing can be done to correct the problem. However, if more comes of it, I'm posting it here first.