Monday, October 30, 2006

 

Tuesday Plans with the First Lady

This is a very busy time of the year for those involved in politics. Even without having any official position with any of the campaigns, I am finding that a great deal of my time is being invested at events all across the spectrum. Not that I am complaining by any means. It's just a bit unexpected without being involved with a particular campaign.

For instance, Tuesday should be fun. The VOLConWife and myself have been invited to a lunch rally with First Lady Laura Bush in Kingsport. Of course, that assumes some quick disposal of cases on my part in court that morning, but I'm confident in my abilities there.

Add that to several other events (the Real Marriage bus tour pulls through Knoxville on Tuesday evening), conference calls, and other tasks that I am sure I will be asked to do as the need arises, and it has become apparent that not having your candidate win the primary does not mean that you get to take a vacation for the general election.

But this is why the Republicans win here in Tennessee. We have the better get out the vote (GOTV) program - by far. The Democrats pale in comparison, and one reason for that is our realization that the campaigns cannot come close to doing what needs to be done on their own. Everyone pulls their weight, because, if we don't, we end up with a liberal vote in Harold Ford, Jr. (You don't think that the money pouring into the state for Junior from New York and California comes with no strings attached, do you?)

The best part about being so busy is that I don't have time to watch much television. That's the best way to insulate myself from the attack ads that everyone is complaining about in the Senate race.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?