Friday, October 27, 2006
GOP Surging - Despite what CNN says
Here are a few things to consider regarding control of the U.S. Senate:
- SurveyUSA shows Steele and Cardin tied in Maryland , 46-46, following a VCR poll showing Steele down 2.
- Each of the last three polls show Jim Talent retaking the lead over Claire McCaskill in Missouri.
- Bob Corker is now leading Harold Ford, Jr., in Tennessee after Ford’s Memphis Meltdown.
- Kean and Menendez are tied in New Jersey.
- The Montana seat, all but written off by the media, shows Tester (D) sliding.
It's not exactly a sure thing, but it's conceivable that the GOP could take all of these seats, plus Virginia. If that happens, then the Democrats won't even come close to taking over the Senate.
(Hat tip: Patrick Ruffini)
But if you do take the SUSA numbers as accurate, than in Tennessee they show Ford trending upwards. Their last poll showed Corker +2, but their latest poll showes an even race.
As for Tester sliding, the numbers show he has pretty much stayed the same, Burns has just solidified some Republican support. Tester is still showed in most polls to be at or around 50. In order for Burns to win this he's going to have to get nearly ALL of the undecideds, something that will be hard in a year Republicans aren't too popular.
New Jersy, I agree is a toss-up...no way of telling how that is going to turn out.
Missouri is showing a slight advantage to Talent, but it's still more or less tied.