Friday, August 11, 2006

 

Looking at the Big Picture?



Let me tell you now
Ev'rybody's talking about
Revolution, Evolution, Mastication, Flagelolation, Regulations.
Integrations, Meditations, United Nations, Congratulations
All we are saying is give peace a chance
All we are saying is give peace a chance

- John Lennon

I've been thinking a great deal over the past week regarding whether it is better to wage war or turn to diplomacy, knowing that you aren't going to get what you want but might gain a portion of what you are fighting for in return. In particular, I have been looking to my political heroes, Ronald Reagan (through his writings) and Ed Bryant.

Maybe I should give peace a chance. I am going to try to do so today. I'll let y'all know how it goes later on.

Comments:
Rob;
Don't you give in! DO NOT GIVE IN!!!
 
Rob,

First, what the heck is "Flagelolation?"

Second, I have no idea what you're talking about regarding this peace stuff, but I'm with Dave. Don't drink the Kool Aid.

:)
N
 
Nancy -

I'm not sure what "flagelolation" is. It must be one of those dirty hippy words. Of course, that's what I get for quoting Lennon on here.

As for the Kool-Aid, it has been an awfully hot summer, and I am a bit dehydrated...

Cheers,

Rob
 
Rob;
Do not let certain people use you and your talents and then throw you (or really, the conservative movement) away like yesterday's old newspaper.

I would be the last person in the world to try and tell you what to do, and as I said on my own blog, there is little you can do that is going to cause you to lose my respect, but man, don't let yourself get sold up the river either.
 
While I am thrilled to see you quoting John Lennon, (though you go the lyrics wrong) I have to agree with Dave on this one.

Look, we're the same coin but different sides. What good is it if we don't vote our principles?
If we do that, we've lost our principles and mocked voting in the process.

After seeing my TennCare documentary, what would you think of me if I endorsed Bredesen? Just something to think about...

But, I am all for you listening to John Lennon!!!
Sharon
 
Sharon -

OK, I have a confession to make...

I lifted the lyrics off of another site.

I couldn't make them out myself, so I lifted them.

Apparently, I need to find better sources to steal from. :)

Cheers,

Rob
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?