Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

Vance Cheek: Down the Stretch

Below is a press release from Vance Cheek, Jr., a candidate for the 1st District Congressional seat who has been endorsed by this website.

***

Two days left of early voting to Stop Illegal Immigration and Secure our Borders NOW!




Dear Neighbors,

There are two days left of early voting, before next Thursday's Primary Election day, to elect a candidate who will fight to secure our borders - now - not later.

As the only candidate running for Congress who served as a judge, I can go to work immediately to crack down on illegal immigration and secure our borders.

Our nation is at war. Terrorists have the ability to cross the border along with illegal immigrants, making our nation unsafe. We have also stuggled in many areas with job losses. We must stop illegal immigration now.

Some claim there are economic benefits of illegal immigration, but the costs are clear. One study estimated illegal immigrants use $2,700 a year more in services than they pay in taxes, creating a total fiscal burden of nearly $10.4 billion on the federal budget in 2002 and that doesn’t even take into account the cost to state or local government. Our taxpayers should not have to shoulder this burden.

It is my hope that stopping illegal immigration will help save taxpayer money and help get government spending under control. We must require that employees are legally in our country before they begin work.We must build a more secure border, use all of the modern tools at our disposal and deploy National Guard troops along the border to ensure we remain safe.
Having served as a Mayor with distinction in of one of our largest communities in East Tennessee, I will go to work to secure our borders with the type of new ideas that marked my tenure as Mayor.

During my time as Mayor, local media and folks called me the "Mayor in a wheelchair." I wore that label with distinction. I can promise you that in Washington, DC I will not be forgotten. I will stand out as I stand up in the fight for our East Tennessee values!

I would appreciate your vote during the next two days of early voting, or one week from today on primary election day.

Sincerely,

Vance W. Cheek, Jr.
Republican candidate for Congress

To learn where you can vote today or Friday, go to:http://www.vancecheek.com/EarlyVotingLocationsTN1.asp

TO FINANCIALLY CONTRIBUTE TO VANCE CHEEK'S CAMPAIGN TO HELP SPREAD THE WORD OF SECURING OUR BORDERS AND FUTURE CLICK HERE: https://www.digitaldonation.com/donate.aspx?campid=1228

To contact Vance with a question or learn more, visit the full website at: http://www.vancecheek.com

Comments:
I feel the same way about how it would save tax payers but the Americans need to get off of there lazy buts and work.
 
Chris -

I don't know about you, but if I work any more hours, we're going to have to extend each day beyond 24 hours.

Cheers,

Rob
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?