Saturday, July 22, 2006

 

Da Bears!

Tickets went on sale this afternoon for my beloved Chicago Bears' home schedule. The VOLConWife and I have been planning a New Year's trip to my former stomping grounds, but it was dependent on my acquiring tickets to the Bears game against the Green Bay Packers on December 31st in Soldier Field.

I love my Comcast high-speed connection.

I had to have been one of the first people into the Internet queue, as I got tickets in the South Endzone (where I used to have half-season tickets) on the 14th row. Needless to say, I am ecstatic!

Bears/Packers tickets are nearly impossible to find anyway, but with this likely being Brett Favre's final game, it could be one of the toughest tickets to find in Chicago this year. From what I could tell, the game was sold out in under 10 minutes, and the season appears to be sold out in about 15 minutes.

I haven't been back to Chicago in several years, and the last time I was at Soldier Field, the renovations hadn't even started. I have been told that I won't like the new layout if I liked the old one (and I loved the old one), but I want to see for myself.

Not to mention trips to Giordano's (much better than Pizzeria Uno, my friends), Iron Mike's (great calamari, and I got to speak with the legendary "Iron" Mike Ditka my last time there), and Mother's (Division Street should be fun on New Year's Eve). This could be one fantastic trip!
By the way, gentleman - you know a woman loves you if she hates the cold and is still willing to leave the South for a few days to sit in a Chicago winter day just because you want to.

That's love.

MORE: Just to show how excited I am to have Bears tickets, I thought I would share a YouTube montage of Bears defensive highlights from last year. Enjoy!


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?