Wednesday, June 07, 2006

 

Albertini Press Release

GOP gubernatorial candidate Mark Albertini submitted the following press release:

The last couple of weeks have been a bit of a reprieve for me from the Campaign Trail. There have been fewer meetings scheduled and I have been taking care of some things in my business, professional and personal life that needed attention. From here to the August 3 Primary we will be working on organization and voter investment.

On this past Memorial Day, I attended services at the Chattanooga National Cemetery. I met four WWII Vets. The first was in the Army. The second, was a 93 year old Nurse who served in WWII and received a Purple Heart. She is the Aunt of a close friend of mine who served in Korea and whom I know through attending a regular Christian Businessman’s Breakfast. The third was a Marine Vet, like myself. He was a Staff Sergeant and fought in five different campaigns in the Pacific. He was 83 and wheel chair bound because of war injuries. I learned he belongs to the same Marine Corps league in Chattanooga as I. The final Vet was a full bird. He served in the Air Force and Army. I started to walk back to my car at the end of the meeting and noticed the heavy traffic so I turned around and pulled up a chair next to him as he sat under a large shade tree near the ceremonial stage. I told him I was running for Governor and we spent about 45 mins. talking about how America has drifted. I could sense the grief in his heart as we talked about how it was to think about where America was headed and how missing was the ethic of hard work and honor for God’s laws.

On Tuesday night, I attended the Marine Corps League meeting in Chattanooga. I met a man who fought on Iwo Jima and watched from 60’ away as Marines raised the flag after American forces conquered the Island. He told me there was 70% casualties totaling 10,000 men the first day. Men were cut to pieces as they hit the beach. I marveled at his couarge as I listened to him.

On Saturday, I attended the Sumner County Republican meeting. I was invited to be one of two key note speakers. I met several people, received a good contribution and spoke about the problem we are having controlling spending even within our own party. I will have more about this in another EM.

This next week will be busy as well. I will be at a Republican women’s meeting on 6/5 in Chattanooga. On 6/7, I will be attending a Bredesen rally in Chattanooga to see how many voters I can pull my way. Later that same day at 11:30 am, I will be attending a news conference at the TN Supreme Court to help our marriage amendment. And on 6/9 I’ll be at the Campbell County Lincoln Day dinner.

If you would like to help in the campaign as a volunteer or financially, please contact us. We need your help and would like for you to be involved. Until next time, may the Lord be with you and bless you and cause His face to shine upon you.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?