Wednesday, May 03, 2006

 

Reader Interaction

Ed. note: I am bumping this to the top of the blog for further comment.

I have two points that can involve reader interaction with VOLuntarilyConservative.

First, after seeing how successful including music videos on a blog can be through Brian Hornback's example (click over there now and hear some of "The King," uh huh), I decided to add (after much toying with the code to get the screen to fit in the sidebar) my own videos here. I had been hesitant to do so because I didn't want to make it so tough to load this page, but after looking at all of the DSL and cable connections that are viewing VOLCon (perhaps as many as 75% of the users, it seems), I thought we would give it a try. I will change up the videos every week for variety. If you aren't for this experiment, let me know.

The first video will be Toby Keith's "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue." I wanted something with a patriotic theme as we exercise our American right to vote tomorrow (Tuesday).

I have also rearranged the blogroll and added some new categories. This is something I have been toying with for a while.

Second, I have informed most of the 1st District candidates seeking my endorsement that I will be formulating a brief questionnaire in the near future. The answers to these questions will play a large roll in the endorsement from VOLuntarilyConservative. I have some ideas of particular questions to ask, but I am interested in hearing what you have to say. Leave any questions you have for the candidates in the "Comments" section, or e-mail them to me if you wish. I will be submitting these questionnaires to the candidates some time this week, with the understanding that the answers will be published on this site.

So, what say you, Tennessee conservatives?

Comments:
Ask the candidates what proof they possess that they are pro-life. I'm tired of taking politicians at their word when they don't have voting records on which to stand.
 
Just because someone doesn't have a voting record doesn't mean they are telling the truth. I would instantly believe Dr. Roe because of his profession and his remarks at a recent meeting I attended. Another one I would automatically believe would be Vance Cheek. Obviously he would be pro-life as well. Others I'm not so sure about.

I will be awaiting the results of the questionnaire.
 
I think the pro-life issue is foremost. As a Catholic, I would never vote for a pro-abortion candidate, I don't care if I thought their positions on everything else were perfect.

Beyond that, how about asking what they would do to bring federal spending under control-the process starts in the House.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?