Tuesday, March 21, 2006

 

Cool Political Fundraisers

First, AlphaPatriot has word of a cool fundraiser for Austin Farley, Republican candidate for Tennessee's 97th District House seat. This is thinking outside of the political box, and it's a shame that more candidates don't host events like this, especially in East Tennessee.

Second, I have word of a non-fundraiser (although I am sure that any sizeable donation would be appreciated) here in Knoxville. This one is for businessmen and businesswomen who would like to participate in a Business Leaders' Roundtable Discussion with Former House Majority Leader Dick Armey and 2006 U.S. Senate candidate Ed Bryant. The event is here in Knoxville at Club LeConte during lunch on Wednesday (March 22nd). If I can stretch my schedule, I will be there. The chance to hear Armey - the principal behind the 1994 "Contract With America" - and Bryant together is just too good to pass up. If you are interested in the event, feel free to e-mail me or leave a comment on this post.

Comments:
Speaking of "cool fundraisers," Harold Ford, Jr. is having one...I suppose.

I just saw on fancyford.com that he's having an event with Sarah Jessica Parker in New York City.

Not exactly the hometown crowd, is it?
 
Anon -

Oh, c'mon. I see Sarah Jessica Parker, and all I can think about is how much we have in common. She's every Tennessean, embodying all of our traditional qualities.

Just like Harold Ford, Jr.

Cheers,

Rob
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?