Tuesday, January 31, 2006

 

The Political Side of Oscar

Alternate headline: Hollywood's True Colors

Liberal-themed movies dominated the Oscar nominations Tuesday, including the nominating of Good Night, and Good Luck, Munich, and Brokeback Mountain for Best Picture. If they only could have nominated Syriana and a random Michael Moore film, then the alienation of the majority of Americans would have been complete.

Not that it matters. As a former film critic, I saw several of the better offerings this year (films that other people saw, too, unlike the rabble above). I have no doubt which movie was the best of 2005.



As a huge fan of Johnny Cash, I may be a bit biased, but I have no doubt in my mind that Walk the Line was the best movie of 2005. I don't need a bunch of liberal elitists to tell me otherwise.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?