Thursday, December 01, 2005

 

From the world of Fantasyland...

Two lessons on why you can't believe everything you read:

1) A lesson on inaccuracies on Wikipedia.

2) Lies on socialized healthcare in Britain.

I have no idea what hole Volabroad's head is in, but I have lived in England. People die there every day from ailments, but the reason for their deaths is nothing but government bureaucracy. Maybe Volabroad should visit some British patients before she delivers endorsements of something she apparently knows nothing about.

Comments:
Thanks for the link.

I have lived in the UK for 9 years - and been a patient, known many patients, worked in the field of UK public policy (in depth) and health care regulation(tangentially).

And I think I was pretty clear that the UK system isn't perfect. But there are lots of folks in Lawrence County now (read the article I link) who'd be pretty darn grateful for the NHS right about now.
 
Medicine - still the #1 killer
(not counting abortions)

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2004/mar2004_awsi_death_01.htm


Way ahead of war, guns and un-"clicked" seat belts.

Eric H
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?