Wednesday, November 16, 2005

 

Wednesday - A Day of Sadness



It was with a heavy heart last night that I learned of the passing of a great man and servant of God, Dr. Adrian Rogers. Dr. Rogers is the former pastor of Bellevue Baptist Church in Memphis. As I know that Dr. Rogers is now with his Lord and Savior, I selfishly mourn his passing, even with the full knowledge that he is now in a better place.

The obituary in today's Commercial-Appeal is outstanding. If only all of us could live such a life, touch others in such a profound way, and know what it means to have a servant's heart - we should all be so fortunate.

Rest in peace, Dr. Rogers.

Comments:
Rob,

I've been a faithful reader of your blog for a while now -- a Vols fan AND a Conservative AND a Christian? How could I pass you up? Anyway, wanted to say thanks for your kind words about my pastor. Even in the midst of sorrow for myself and his family, there has been much joy in imagining him finally meeting his Savior, whose name he has faithfully preached all these years, and oh, the scores of people who gave their hearts to Christ under his ministry! What a glorious time they all must be having!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?