Friday, August 12, 2005

 

Coming this Sunday to VOLuntarilyConservative


JUSTICE SUNDAY II
NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE
AUGUST 14, 2005 7:00 P.M.

At last week's meeting of bloggers with Grover Norquist, Jay Bush and I talked briefly about the possibility of attending the Justice Sunday II event at Two Rivers Baptist Church on August 14th. I hadn't really considered attending up until that point, but since I was slated to be in Nashville for other reasons (working the Promise Keepers event on Saturday and judicial training on Monday), the event fit right into a hole in my schedule.

After contacting Two Rivers and Family Research Council, I was dismayed to find that locals had the inside track on tickets. In my second call to FRC, I happened to mention that I was a blogger. Who would have thought that being a blogger would open such doors?! In any case, I have credentials as a member of the "working media" (boy, it's been a long time since I have been considered under that label), and I will be joining a litany of other bloggers who will be covering the event, both through live-blogging and conventional coverage. I am hoping to live-blog, as FRC has set up a media room with Wi-Fi and allowed for bloggers to freely move from the sanctuary to that room without problem. How I cover the event will largely depend on my technology and whether I can get my poor little laptop to once again heed my call.

I have no idea how many bloggers are scheduled to attend, but the list I have seen is quite impressive. Between the coverage by the bloggers, mainstream media, the webcast, and the broadcast on Sky Angel, there will be no shortage of stories - and opinions.

Comments:
You were just mentioned on CNN! I just blogged about it. Congrats!
 
welcome to the 2 Live Crew!
 
Sharon -

You're kidding! That's what I get for going to Best Buy this afternoon - I missed my 15 minutes!

Thanks for letting me know, though!

Cheers,

Rob
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?