Wednesday, August 10, 2005

 

Back for more... and some changes

My apologies for the unforeseen hiatus. I had to clear out for the VOLConWife's use of the cable modem on Monday, and Tuesday was a bit too busy to work in blogging.

Under the subheading of "So you want to be an attorney?" goes the following statline - the VOLConWife worked 93 hours last week. Aside from some medical residents I know and a few attorneys in the major metropolitan areas of D.C. and New York City (who are certainly compensated for their time), her workload has exceeded most normal human beings and has become the source of some personal angst. I was grateful, though, that she took some time out of her busy schedule to help me with my new employment pursuit - Wedding Crashing. Just kidding, but Betsy Pickle was right - Wedding Crashers is one of the funniest movies I have seen this year. The movie was followed by an excellent meal at the Tennessee Grill. After all, combining all-you-can-eat ribs, Vol fries, flawless service, and a table on the Tennessee River makes for one outstanding culinary experience.

Now for some real news... There will be some changes to the blogging on this site. These changes will be a result of my new position with the State of Tennessee as a Special Hearings Officer (an administrative law judge within the Department of Human Services). Blogging will be moved primarily to the evening and nighttime hours (instead of the erratic schedule of late), and subject areas to which I am assigned (including TennCare) will not be discussed while I am in this position. I am extremely excited about this opportunity to serve Tennessee, and I certainly hope that I can be a fair and honorable judge.

In the short term, I will be attending training in Nashville next week, but I should be able to blog during the evening hours if time permits.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?