Monday, June 27, 2005

 

Weekend soirees

I'd like to thank Michael Silence for hosting a little get-together on Saturday evening at his lovely abode. My wife and I had a wonderful time. Several bloggers attended, including SayUncle, Les Jones, John Brown, Knoxpatch, and Rich Hailey, as well as several of the Knoxville News-Sentinel guys and gals. As you can probably imagine, there was no shortage of opinions. And, no, none of the children in the picture on No Silence Here are mine. (When would I find the time for one?)

Later that evening, I took the VOLConWife to WIVK's "Saturday Night on the Town" on Gay Street in downtown KnoxVegas. The music was OK (Keith Anderson managed to butcher some good country songs), but the best event was people-watching. Very interesting stuff, my friends. The KNS estimated that 50,000 people may have attended the event. I'm not sure if it was that many, but it was definitely one of the bigger summer crowds on a hot Knoxville night.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?