Wednesday, June 15, 2005

 

TN GOP Statesmen's Dinner set for this Saturday

Senator John Thune, the entire Tennessee Republican congressional delegation, and candidates for future office will be in attendance at the 2005 Statesmen's Dinner at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville Saturday night. The Knoxville News-Sentinel gave some coverage to the "Most Powerful Room in Tennessee" (Tennessee GOP Chair Bob Davis' phrasing) in today's edition, although the lion's share of the article was centered around the dysfunctional Democrats and their hero who couldn't deliver, trial lawyer John Edwards.

Yes, I received my invitation some time ago. No, I am not going. It's not because I don't want to make the trip to Nashville. On the contrary, it sounds like an interesting night. No, I'm not going because of the $250 pricetag. If someone wants me to go, feel free to put up the money for a ticket and I will attend, make observations, and report back on this site. Unless that happens, though, other information outlets will have to suffice.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?