Friday, June 24, 2005

 

Rafting companies, TVA reach Ocoee agreement



I am a big fan of whitewater rafting on the Ocoee, so I am thrilled to read that the rafting outfitters in Ducktown and along the Ocoee have reached an agreement with TVA regarding water release. There isn't a great deal of industry in that neck of the woods (Polk County), and talks that I had with several of the rafting professionals last year (the VOLConWife and I rafted the Middle Ocoee on my birthday last August) indicated that this agreement was not a sure thing. Anyone who hasn't experienced this awesome feature of Tennessee needs to make your way to Ducktown, Ocoee, or Reliance (if you are looking for peace and plenty of isolation, I recommend Lost Creek Cabins, where we stayed last year). Just remember to hold on...


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?