Monday, May 23, 2005

 

"Star Wars III" makes history during 1st weekend

Tony Kornheiser, renowned sports columnist for the Washington Post and host of ESPN's "Pardon the interruption," boldly predicted last Friday that the new "Star Wars" flick would take in over $150 million in its first four days. I thought that was a little outlandish, but it turns out that Kornheiser was right. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting that Lucas' film took in $158.5 million during the first four days of its run, besting the record set by the second "Matrix" movie. I guess it just goes to show that there are more people like this in the world than I thought.

I haven't seen the film yet (simply too busy), but my friends who have seen it - from "Star Wars" uberfan Ben Lawson to my sixtysomething Sunday School teacher David Hershberger - give it high marks.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?