Monday, March 06, 2006

 

SCOTUS Upholds Solomon Amendment

The Supreme Court ruled unanimously today that the Solomon Amendment, which allows military recruiters access to schools that take federal funds for the purpose of recruiting, is constitutional.

While I agree 100% with the decision, that doesn't mean that I was wrong in my prediction of how this would play out. In fact, my skepticism and lack of faith in SCOTUS was overflowing, as seen here first, and then here, and finally here. Of course, those predictions were pre-Roberts and pre-Alito, and Supreme Court jurisprudence is entering a new era - at least that is how I see it. As Morpheus said in The Matrix, "He is beginning to believe."

MORE: Orin Kerr is thrilled that he got his prediction right. Again, that's why Orin is taken seriously in the legal community - he isn't often wrong.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?